Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Niemann, is the New Man, in Country Music

The artist I am going to introduce to you guys this week is country music artist Jerrod Niemann.  Jerrod Niemann was born in Harper, Kansas (there’s no place like home!) and was influenced by country music at an early age.  The very first musical instrument Niemann learned how to play was a Tracy Lawrence autographed guitar that his mother won at a Tracy Lawrence concert.  He has been in love with music ever since.  Niemann went on to compete in various talent shows, (across the country!) and finally won the national finals with Tracy Lawrence’s hit song “Texas Tornado” in 1996.  After high school, Niemann attended South Plains College in Levelland, Texas on the pursuit of an Associate of Arts degree.  It was here that he started playing acoustic guitar and singing in Texas clubs and bars, kind of on the start to kick off his music career. 
            Wanting to get more of a “country outlook” Jerrod Niemann moved to Nashville, Tennessee in 2000.  He and his band started playing concerts at various clubs around the country, but never got any radio time.  He then went to Europe to tour with the band Kane. 
Luckily, in 2006 he signed to Category 5 Records and made the country singles charts with his “I Love Women (My Mama Can’t Stand) single.  Then, Jerrod Niemann signed to a different record company co-owned by Brad Paisley in 2010.  His debut single “Lover, Lover” became his first number one country hit by August.  Jerrod was flying high.  Though it has been a long and winding road for Jerrod, his persistence in the musical world has definitely paid off for him.
            The first song I will show you today will of course be this number one hit, “Lover, Lover”.  I went to Tennessee over spring break on the UMary STLF trip, and this song was a hit with many of our group members.  It is a fun song full of soul that can be sung on the bus by everyone. (Why yes, we did actually do this.) J  It is a great song to let out frustrations, especially if any of you out there have ever been heartbroken by a so-called “lover”.

            The next song I hope you enjoy is called “What Do You Want”.  I think the reason listeners love Jerrod Niemann so much is the simplicity in his voice, and how sweet his voice is on their ears.  His voice kind of has a relaxing, and almost lazy? feel to it (but in a good way of course).  I hope you enjoy Jerrod Niemann!

No comments:

Post a Comment