The first artist that I am going to introduce you to is the Avett Brothers. I had never heard of these guys until my brother introduced them to me a few weeks ago. My brother is in the local Bismarck band, Somebody’s Luggage, and often shows me new music he thinks I might enjoy. When he had me listen to “I and Love and You” by the Avett Brothers, it was love at first listen. The Avett Brothers have a very gentle, but powerful style. They have produced many epic ballads that may send chills down your spine. I love the piano in “I and Love and You” and the sweet harmonies that the singers lay on the track. The Avett Brothers are a folk rock band consisting of Scott and Seth Avett on banjo and guitar respectively, while Bob Crawford mans the bass. Jacob Edwards drums out the soft beats, and Joe Kwan sometimes joins the band on tour with a cello. So give the song “I and Love and You” a listen; I hope you like it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqZZlL0l5Uk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqZZlL0l5Uk
It will be on my IPod tonight. Fantastic song. Think of the other questions I might have after I fall in love with it. Then add that information to the blog to take another step. I'm not big on crap written by most of the music reviewers...but info like websites, myspace pages, other good songs or albums, tour or show dates, what's up with the band right now...that sort of stuff can really make this blog exciting.
ReplyDelete